Wednesday 15 April 2009

Second Day - Work experience

Got straight on finishing off the spread sheets from yesterday, before finally presenting my ideas to John and Mark. The ideas I gathered from within the magazines were relevant to the areas of interest for the individual subjects offered by the college. John and mark were pleased with the spread sheets I had created, and we went on to develop stronger ideas for the booklet. We discussed ideas ranging from colours, styles and typefaces.

After presenting the spread sheets I was asked to move on to the initial design of the front cover; which would also span throughout the insides of the two booklets.
As this cover was only a rough, I used images from the internet to build up a working block within Photoshop to give an initial idea of what the final cover would look like.


This image is of one of the final initial ideas for the front cover. The colours are different as the image is CMYK and not RGB. When I was designing this I took existing ideas from teenage magazines to target potential students. I feel this cover is a lot more appealing to the younger generation and would certainly catch my eye. This was my main when designing for the booklet; to target potential students.

Originally Creatiscope had only offered me the two days of work experience. But at the end of today John asked me if I would like to stay an extra two days, as the project was going well and they felt I was beneficial to the pitch. Really happy with this, as I was just settling into the project today and wanted to offer more to Creatiscope.

No comments: