Thursday 11 February 2010

Professional project- presentation

Didn't have anything together for our presentations this morning. Not because I've been lazy, just really struggling to get something together. Our task is to plan and produce our own industry level brief and complete it to the highest professional standard.

I asked Sally for a short tutorial, to maybe help me find my own direction within this brief. I've mainly struggled to narrow down a specific discipline to target my brief in (i.e. illustration, typography, photography). As I enjoy most aspects within graphic design, I've been struggling. I eventually chose the path of advertising and illustration by looking at my stronger work and obviously the work I most enjoyed designing.

The final outcome of the tutorial was that I wanted to concentrate on types of film posters (very broad, but still at the initial stages) and this is the beginning of my statement of intent:

"Create a set of *something* film posters to promote *something* film festival/genre/period."

I then created a brief 3 minute presentation for 1:30. During the critique I was given feedback about possible directions in which I could take my brief. That maybe I should choose a specific film (my favorite?), look around the local area for old cinemas re-screening classic films.
Both are areas I had already discussed in the morning during the tutorial.

Well plenty of work to be getting on with:
  • Small local cinemas (contact them?)
  • Library- film section, have a browse.
  • Concentrating on a genre.
  • A Certain direction, so to finish my statement of intent.

No comments: