Thursday 22 October 2009

New From Old

This project consists of researching and rebranding a redundant product. The choices of product are: Tapioca, lard, mushy peas, rice pudding, fondou, tinned pies, luncheon meat and tinned vegetables.

The new context for the item may be in contradiction to its origins (a cheap object may be re-marketed as collectable and expensive) or you may wish to build on the established identity. You should show a clear knowledge of the object and its history as well as its competitors, old and new.

The final designs will be presented as a paper based marquette, thought this should be supplemented by further plans, especially in the case of more detailed and complex objects. Through this process we should consider all aspects of the packaging, from logotypes to materials (sustainability being the key issue).

So far in the project I've decided to go with tinned pies. I've been researching different pies sold in supermarkets; from fresh pies to Fray Bentos tinned pies. I managed to take some good photos from a handful of supermarkets for my research.

This is one of my initial design:


I'm going to start looking at some traditional ale bottles and the design on pub bill boards. From tutorials I've been advised to look more at my target audience and consider there views and requirements.

No comments: