Thursday 8 October 2009

2nd Year!

Second day of my second year today and I still can't believe how quickly it's gone. We have been given our first brief of the year -

Visual Communication in Context 2
  • This unit aims to extend existing knowledge and understanding of the disciplines within the design industry relating to identification and representation.
  • In order to realise the links between theory and practice, we will be introduced to the subject through historical backgrounds, semiotics and commercial practices.
  • Will explore the relationship between concept and style in relation to marketing and branded merchandise.
  • Through a range of practical projects we will strive to produce innovative and creative solutions to problems for print or screen using a range of materials and media, both traditional and digital. Will be encouraged to present work to the highest professional standards and to engage in critical debate.
  • Will undertake an individual or team-based programme of work set by tutors or professionals or may undertake your own projects.
Task Outlines
Thank You

Business Identity

New From Old

Communicating Ideas

Expectations this year are massive from both tutors and myself. Work standards need to be increased, the work amount feels like it's doubled already and we haven't been back a week yet!
Saying all this doesn't sound too optimistic, but I am. I'm looking forward to the challenge of hard work, a different syllabus, the end of year show and meeting my targets I set myself at the end of the 1st year PPRD.

No comments: