Tuesday 10 March 2009

TypeRadio (new unit)

Just been given the new unit, sounds really good; I know I say this at the beginning of every unit, but I think this unit is up my street. We are going to be learning processes within Adobe InDesign as well as gaining an understanding for sending work off for print and the necessary formats.

Our work is to be based on an radio interview from a typography website, TypeRadio. We began by choosing a type designer from a hat, I pulled out Catherine Griffiths(website), a Kiwi type designer. We were then given a web address for the interviews of our designers(link). Catherine Griffiths is being interviewed on her current work and personal life by Liza and Donald.

We were required to transcribe a section of the interview to use within our four-page-spread design. Illustrations and page layout are to be based around information from within the interview. This sort of design really interests me and am looking forward to getting more involved in the unit.

No comments: